Rambles a la Myriam

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The next step

Well, as much as I've been enjoying Cape Town and its many pleasures - it is time to get to work. I've been spending my day time in the SCORE head office but haven't had too much to do up until this past week. On Thursday I finally got my job description! I'm going to be designing a women's intervention program that will include 4 main modules: assertiveness, health awareness, cultural backgrounds & gender roles, and self-defense. I'm hoping to be able to run it as a workshop or possibly as an after school program. It's very much in a development phase so we'll see how it goes. So on Monday I will be moving to a township community just outside of Cape Town called Khayelitsha for a month. I'll be living with a host family and working with the local women sport leaders there. I'm really excited and I'm hoping that it will give me a more in depth perspective in regards to creating the program.
Actually the next few months will be very busy. When I return from Khayelitsha, I'll be traveling to Namibia for a Kicking Aids Out training with CGC and then I'm off again for another month to 2 different communities in another province (Eastern Cape). Then in November my mom is coming to visit for 2 weeks!!! Can't wait for that!
Things are really starting to pick up - and time is going so fast! I'll be back in Canada before I know it!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:57 p.m., Blogger Jen said…

    Hi Myriam. It's great to see you join the bloggers world, I just stumbled across your blog. It looks so gorgeous where you are! Anyways I just thought I'd say hi. Feel free to check my blog out too sometime. www.i-love-life.blogspot.com. Take care!

    Jen Birkland (Bueckert)

     
  • At 12:20 p.m., Blogger matty said…

    I was randomly thinking about you last week. And then I saw your comment on Simon's blog. And now I am here. HI! It looks like you're having quite the adventures. I am jealous indeed. Bye!

    -matty-

     
  • At 8:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Myr,

    I love reading your blog. I am not sure what mine is, i know you keep on asking for it. I don't use it though.
    sieze the day
    denice

     
  • At 12:53 p.m., Blogger jupo said…

    hey meeri!
    you're in cape town! that is pretty cool....
    i like you!!
    your old friend from pastoral epistles,
    julia

     
  • At 9:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, it's by complete randomness that I came across your blog... I'm not sure if you'll remember me... we went to Bethany together in '01.... Sue Pahl was my name... that's changed now... Andrew and I got married last year. Anyways, it's SOOOOOO great to hear what God is doing in your life! May He bless your socks off!

     
  • At 1:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Myr,

    Haven't seen an update from you recently -how are things? Is the weather starting to warm up now that spring is on the way?

    Sem is ok, but we all miss good ole Ontario!

    Have a great day, jm

     
  • At 3:40 p.m., Blogger Bonnie said…

    Well hello Myriam!!!! I don't know if you remember me, cuz its been years since i've seen you but i just came across your blog and had to say hello! Not too long ago i found some funny pictures that you and Amy and Dana and I took with a car (can't remember who's it was--you'rs maybe?) Anyway...there was never a dull moment with you guys around! And now you're in SA hey!? That's where all my family is so if you ever need a place to stay..just let me know!
    Hope to hear from you one of these days!
    Love, Bonnie
    PS: In case you're confused, my last name used to be Glen--I married Jon Esau---i think you guys were in the same class at Bethany :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home