Rambles a la Myriam

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Roommates and CT Life

I've really been enjoying the laid back feel of Cape Town lately. I keep telling people how nice it is to sit and have coffee and just talk. I don't know how I let that get away living in Toronto. Seems like I was always too busy to really relax. But thankfully my new roommates are teaching me how to do just that. This it "the other" roommate! haha - Linde. She is back from Namibia and it's been a blast getting to know her. She is a painter and a graphic artist. An artist through and through actually - very creative.
Yesterday we went to a sweet Jazz show in this cute little place. I was amazed at how fast people can move their fingers. It was very much a Myriam & Denice sort of thing to do - except for the jazz... I really like living so close to the down town area of Cape Town - Much like Toronto there are always so many things to do and see.
This is Nedine and Jock. The three of us have been meeting on the occasional Saturday morning to do our laundry together and go out for breakfast. It was so nice - I think we sat and chatted for 3 hours. There is a cute little restaurant across from the laundromat that has a patio and since Cape Town is starting to warm up - we sat there and tanned while we ate. It was wonderful. Plus they have a breakfast special for 10 Rand - $1.60 Canadian! I'm a little worried about summer. I didn't think it got sooo hot here because we are so far south - but yesterday (still winter) was like 25 degrees! Yikes - September 1st is the first day of spring so it is going to get much warmer!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home