Rambles a la Myriam

Sunday, August 13, 2006

New Flat

A week ago I moved out of my host family's house and into a cute flat in Sea Point with 2 girls. It's a cozy little place with my own room and bathroom but it's at the top of a very steep hill!! I've been getting a work out just walking out the door!
18 Firdale Rd. That little window on the top right looks into my bathroom! Ain't it cute?
These are the steps up to my room! I already have a few bruises...
Looking through the bathroom you can just see my bed - it's small but it's just Myriam-size. The view from my bedroom window. Can you see the ocean?? My flatmate, Nadine (one of two). The other one has been on a hiking trip in Namibia for the last week. And this is the view from outside the front door, "our patio", as Nadine says. We ate pizza and ice cream outside earlier today and a nice old man walked by holding a cockatoo (?)... It was a little random but I had to hold her and take pictures...of course. All in all - I'm quite enjoying where I live. On my day off, Women's Day, I took a stroll along the beach front and resisted the urge to collect shells as I'm saving my blatant touristy moments for when my mom comes to visit in November. It's less embarrasing in numbers i always say.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Myriam: These pics are great. I've been curious re your space and the stairs you described. Can't wait to come and be a tourist with you. Your room(flat)mate looks friendly and very nice. God was so generous to give you a family and friends so quickly. Take take, love and prays.

     
  • At 4:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cute and cozy place you have Myr. Wish I could come and visit. And I can't believe that view! Just came back from a trip to Abbostford for Gord's friend's wedding. We got a chance to see Nathan Toews and his new wife. It was such great fun. Hope you're doing okay.

     
  • At 6:25 p.m., Blogger katevp-a said…

    myriam i miss you. how can i talk to you? email me your number. I will see if i can call you.

    I am married, and i am a wife and it is lovely. i cut all my hairs off.
    not a shaved head but short short short. i feel free.

    love kate.

    those stairs to your room remind me of the stairs to samina's room in saskatoon. those were scary stairs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home