Rambles a la Myriam

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Beauty of Cape Town

Wow - I cannot get over the amazing scenery in Cape Town. I've been walking to work and on my way home I try to take the scenic route down by the sea. It is just too beautiful for words and there are always people jogging and picnic-ing and playing sports along the grass. Cape Town is also surrounded by mountains - so yes, it is the best of both worlds. Beautiful weather, green all year round, surrounded by ocean and nice mountains to climb. Unbelievable!
And these are two beautiful girls I've come to know. Rochelle and Linda. They have taught me so much about ministry and what it means to really live for God. I must say, over the scenery - the people are also beautiful - there are so many different cultures - a true rainbow nation! South Africa actually has 11 official languages.
Oh and the food. My tastebuds were born for South Africa. Sometimes in Canada I would get an idea for a meal and make it, and I would like it but it would never be something that I would find on a menu. But here it's like my mouth has come home! Last night I had a grilled chicken sandwich on a toasted ciabatta bun with hummus, sun dried tomatoes, cheddar cheese and spicy mayo. Mmmmm... so good! Plus we had this famous hot chocolate. It's actually hard, rich chocolate that comes in a glass with steaming milk to pour in. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that does look amazing, just the way you described it! Mmmmmm, yum yum, luv in my tum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home